1. The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the Disability Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service (also referred to as: Disability Cornwall PA Register) by Disability Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Ltd. (also referred to as Disability Cornwall, 'we' or 'us'):
b. the privacy notice specific to the Disability Cornwall PA Register set out below.
3. By using the Disability Cornwall PA Register you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. These terms and conditions govern your agreement with us for your use of the following services on the Disability Cornwall PA Register:
a. the Employer search facility for those seeking an employer
5. The Employer search facility is the service provided by us which allows PA's to register, upload their details and source appropriate placements advertised by prospective employers looking for a PA
9. To the extent that the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and/or the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 apply to any of the Services, if at all, Disability Cornwall Isles of Scilly Ltd acts in the capacity of an agency to help employers find employees (and vice versa). Disability Cornwall does not effect introductions between recruiters and candidates (or vice versa), and nor does it supply candidates to recruiters.
10. If you register for the Disability Cornwall PA Register, you will be required to provide your email address, a password and your country of residence, which we will store in order to create an individual user account for you. Access to your account on the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service is via your email address and password, so please keep your password safe and do not disclose it to anyone else.
11. To the extent that you wish to share your information and CV with recruiters you consent to our sharing your CV, together with any additional information you provide to us, with the recruiters who use the Disability Cornwall PA Register. This means that you give us:
a. a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence of any rights, including intellectual property rights, in your CV and any additional information you provide to us on the Disability Cornwall PA Register, to share or otherwise use such CV and additional information as we reasonably require to fulfil the services we provide on the Disability Cornwall PA Register
Your right to cancel
12. We will retain a copy of your CV and any additional information you provide to us until you delete it or close your account with us.
13. We collect personal information from you so that we can provide the services offered to you by the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service in an efficient and effective manner. The services available to you will vary depending on whether you have registered with the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service or not, and whether you decide to upload your CV to the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service or not.
14. The type of personal information we may collect in order to provide the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service includes: your name, address, country of residence, email address, telephone number(s), your nationality, your CV and IP address
15. We collect personal information in the following ways:
a. by obtaining information provided by you: (i) at the point of registering as a user; (ii) by posting material to the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service(such as your CV, for example); (iii) by storing a copy of your CV and any other information you provide when you send it to a recruiter
16. You have to register with the Disability Cornwall Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service in order to upload your profile and submit your CV for recruiters to view
17. When you are a registered user the following services will be available:
a. A facility to allow recruiters who have registered to the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service to view your CV and profile in relation to a specific job vacancy
b. Use of a private, secure area on the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service where you manage and update your job preferences and profile
c. Use of a "public profile" which can be viewed by anyone and which will be the first section that a recruiter sees. Please note that this public profile may be discoverable through search engines. Do not include your name, contact details or any personal information in this section.
18. We request that all recruiters do not hold your CV or details for longer than is necessary and do not use your CV or details for purposes other than recruitment. Please note however that we are not able to control the storage of your CV or information by recruiters.
19. We will also use your personal information to provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third party companies, including potential and existing funders of Disability Cornwall and its projects and services, but please note that these statistics will include no identifying personal information.
20. Where you choose to delete your details and/ or CV we will not retain a copy of it on our database and it will not be made available to recruiters. Please note however we are not able to control the storage of your details and/ or CVs by recruiters.
21. If you wish to close your individual account with us or remove your details then please contact us.
22. If you experience any problems with the Disability Cornwall Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service or wish to make a complaint about the Disability Cornwall PA Register, any of the Services available on the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service or any recruiters who you feel are abusing the service we provide then please contact us.
23. Disability Cornwall is concerned for the privacy of visitors to its web sites. The protection of your personal information is extremely important to us. However, please remember that the security of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be assured.
24. The Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service is owned by Disability Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Ltd. . For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, DISABILITY CORNWALL is the "data controller" in respect of personal information that we obtain from you via the Disability Cornwall PA Register.
25. Where we share your CV, public profile and/or other information with a recruiter that recruiter will also be a data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and independently of us owes responsibilities to you under that Act in connection with the processing of that information.
26. The website of the Information Commissioner's Office provides information and assistance with regard to your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (www.ico.gov.uk)
By registering to use the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service you agree that:
a. Disability Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Ltd has a primary duty of care to its clients who are, in the main, disabled people, carers and their families
b. You will not act in such a way to undermine confidence in our services or organisation
c. You will respect the privacy and dignity of potential employers at all times and refrain from sharing any personal information about potential employers unless express permission is sought and given
d. Where we have reason to believe that you pose a risk, or potential risk, to any disabled person, carer or family member, we reserve the right to pass on your personal details to the relevant authorities. These authorities could include but are not limited to: Directorate of Adult Care and Support and the Police authorities
These terms and conditions for the Personal Assistant Register and Employer Support Service are up-to-date as of 17th December 2011.